Monday, April 28, 2008

Overheard

Although the school year is winding down, I'll try to give you a brief sample of my daily encounters and interactions...

1) A girl talking about how she has to write a paper, "I'm going to write mine over how I am not a religion, I don't believe in God".

2) A student, who just had a baby son born about 2 months ago, wont be allowed back in the house of his girlfriend for 2 weeks b/c, "That chick's mom got some crazy boyfriend and thinks I'm bad news. I'll wipe his a$$ out quick if he doesn't let me see my boy and my girl".

Sometimes, things just catch your attention...these would be the two that did today...

Oh, and right before I log off...

I'm subbing in a "Resource study hall", which is a self contained study hall for kids with special needs...

Check this interaction:
Student A: "I haven't had a very good day today"
Student B: "Why, what happened?"
Student A: "I just have to hang around a bunch of retarded kids"...

Now the conversation is on recycling...I think I'm done for the day...holy crap...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know just how Student A feels...