Friday, March 13, 2009

Syracuse - UCONN game

I was at home last night taking a test for one of my courses and I had the TV on with pic in a pic working. The big picture featured the Big XII game, while the smaller picture had the Big EAST game of Syracuse and UCONN. I'm sure that you've already seen/heard about the game, but I couldn't take my eyes off of it and was up well into the morning to see it thru. (12:26am was when I remember going up stairs).

When I was at KSU, we traveled to Corvallis, Oregon to play Oregon State in December of 2003. Here is the link to the article from it. Our game with them went 3 OT's and was the longest game I've ever been a part of. I was exhausted and didn't even play. Last night, Syracuse and UCONN played TWICE as many OT's as we did.

Make sure to check the box score I'm attaching.

Syracuse v. UCONN - 6OT's

- Each team shot the ball over 100 times.
- For a point of reference: In the UCLA - Washington State game, the teams combined for 108 FGA

- UCONN attempted 35 3's
- 54 combined offensive rebounds, UCONN had 31.
- 69 rebounds for UCONN as a team.
- 66 fouls called.

Those are just a few...but my favorite!...
- Jonny Flynn played 67 minutes in a college basketball game

No comments: