Tuesday, September 30, 2008

KC Royals

Quick thought about my beloved Royals.

They finished the month of September 18-8, which put them overall at 75-87, a .463 winning percentage.

It looks like they will have the 10th pick in next June's amateur draft (by my calculations).

My thought is this...
Was the month of September just a fluke? Most baseball people say not to pay attention to September because teams are packing it in, playing younger players and resting their veterans.

So now, instead of getting a top 5 pick, the Royals are set for the #10 pick. Is there that big of a difference? Did they hurt themselves by playing better baseball? I don't know...

Maybe there will be less pressure to draft a "can't miss" prospect.

I do know this...I'll take the winning September.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU'RE BACK!!! I've enjoyed catching up however it did strain my eye a little as I couldn't stop reading.

Sending 'Anonymous' as I've forgotten my password. I thought I had commented on another article and don't see it posted. Now I know why.

Make it a good one. Keep blogging, I enjoy them!