Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Time with Deane

One of the great things about working for such an established program is the ability to meet and associate with a ton of people. Since one of our players is being heavily recruited, it's been a revolving door of collegiate coaches at Liberty High School.
Most recently Mike Deane, Head Coach at Wagner University, stopped by.

Coach Deane is unlike any other person that I have ever been around. I very much enjoyed our three hours together.

What I realized about Coach Deane is a quality that I wish more people possessed. Humility. Coach has spent 23 years in Division 1 basketball and his Rolodex is probably similar to my "idols" list. Coach Deane and three of us at Liberty went out for dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings and he shared some awesome stories and amazing laughs. Coach treated us with amazing respect, as if we were friends.

Although I probably won't use his vocabulary, I certainly will use his humility.

No comments: