Tuesday, October 14, 2008

KC Royals

The Royals made a terrific improvement in their baseball operations yesterday. Dayton Moore and Trey Hillman went out and hired two proven Major League quality Coaches.

John Gibbons, former Toronto Blue Jays manager, and Kevin Seitzer, former D-Backs hitting coach and Royals All-Star.

Seitzer is obviously a fan favorite (my personal favorite as a kid) and brings credibility b/c of the name and proven MLB playing experience. I am hopeful that he can help the hitters with a more disciplined approach, (Something Moore and Hillman want).

With Gibbons, you get a guy who just completed 4.5 seasons as the lead man of an MLB team. This can only help Hillman's development as a manager and the credibility in the locker room. Hillman said the perfect thing in today's KC Star, “I think Gibby’s experience is going to be a big help to our team and, specifically, me as a manager,” Hillman said.

As I'm sure you can remember, I posted about Ron Prince and the arrogance and selfishness of how he put together his staff. I view this as the complete opposite. They ACKNOWLEDGED and ADDRESSED shortcomings.

This is only going to help the franchise. I am extremely happy with the moves.

I don't think it's possible, but consider me a bigger Royals fan today than I was yesterday.

No comments: