Friday, September 29, 2006

Coach...

I had just spoken with my beautiful girlfriend for about 15 or so minutes catching up about the days activities. We hung up about 6, and immediately after we hung up, my phone rang again. It was a number that I didn't recognize, so I usually don't answer. After I let it go to voicemail, it showed up that I had received a new message. I checked it to find out that it was my old boss at KSU, Coach Wooldridge. Coach was calling to see how I was doing and what was going on. Said a few other nice things and I tried to call him back shortly there after. Got his voicemail, and so I left him a message and am waiting a return call from him.
Most of you that are reading this understand my respect for Coach Wooldridge, w/o a doubt though, this shows how high character of a person he is, and how much he cares about people. (See Wichita Eagle article from Sep 27th) As a coach, you can only hope that you can build those type of relationships, b/c after all, life and Coaching is about relationships isnt it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Penny loves all of the press she's getting. She thinks you need a new picture of her that is a little more flattering.